Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Blogging is Hard.... But I'll try

So this blog was just for the funny. I can never keep up with writing blogs. I tried and failed so many times. However I'm going to give it another go. I am not going to just be funny here. I'm going to try to give everyone a look at my life.
Single mom, autistic Prince, just trying to get by. So I'll try to update daily now and we will see how many people will actually read this.

Right now, as I'm writing this my son has a bucket on his head watching Teen Titans Go and repeating over and over "no doctor?" Despite the fact that he is fine now and the upset stomach he was sent home with seems fine. But he can't return to school for 24hrs now so I'll get to hear "no doctor" all day tomorrow.

It's fine. Really. I do my best not to discourage him from saying anything. It's hard though after the millionth time and he expects an answer, every time. So I answer.

That's something you have to learn as a parent in general. Not just an ASD-Rent. You have to learn patience. You have to learn what to time out and what to respond to. You have to learn that your response means everything to the kid at that moment.
I'm still learning. I think as a Rent, you're always learning. My dad would probably agree to that.

With that, I'm going to watch some cartoons with Prince and get ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment